Download Demo Form
Since September 2014 the Department of Transportation requires all private schools in Abu Dhabi to offer transport to and from school to their students in accordance with official guidelines. In order to comply with this we are committed to offering our students a safe, reliable and professional transport service.
Having reviewed several different companies we have selected Seven Stars Transportation Company as our authorized transport providers and have signed an agreement with them to ensure that they deliver acceptable standards on all the buses they provide.
1. Responsibilities of the Bus Company and the School
1.1 – The bus company shall provide transport service to all students who wish to use it who live within 60 kilometers of the school, subject to a minimum of 15 opting for service on that route.
1.2 – The bus company will pick up and drop off the child at the door step in most cases, and certainly in each case when the student is below 12 years of age.
1.3 – The bus company shall determine the exact route and timings for pick up and drop off in cooperation with the school, based on the starting and ending time of the school. However it must be clearly understood that the first child to be picked up will not necessarily be the first to be dropped off.
1.4 – The bus company will serve Raha International School, a Taaleem school, with buses, drivers and school bus monitors that have been authorized by Department of Transportation (DoT) for school transportation. As a safety standard, two points’ seat belts (Lap Belts) should be available on all exposed seats visible from the front side only such as the front seats and the middle seat of the rear seats, while three points safety belts should be available on the driver’s seat
1.5 – The bus company will only use school buses which are both clean and safe and comply fully with all other relevant rules and regulations of (DoT). Additionally, none of the buses used shall be older than 7 years.
1.6 – The buses will be fitted with GPS System along with CCTV cameras as per the regulations of the DoT and ADEC.
1.7 – To comply with ADEC Regulations Students are to be at the designated pickup area 5 minutes prior to designated pickup time.
1.8 – The bus company will seek to avoid the need for students to have to spend excessively long time on a typical journey. Therefore, in order to minimize the time students have to spend on the buses the company has the right to alter routes, move students from one route to another or change the designated pick up time after giving due notice of not less than one week to the affected students. This will all be subject to monitoring by the school.
1.9 – The Transportation Company shall provide a bus monitors on all buses regardless of the age of the students.
1.10 – In case of a change of residence the transport service will be provided subject to availability of seats on the new route.
1.11 – As a rule, bus drivers are not allowed to make any stops at a petrol station with students on board; this will only be allowed in an emergency situation.
1.12 – Neither the bus company nor the school will be responsible for the loss of any items left on a bus.
2. Responsibilities of Parents and Students
2.1 – The parents are requested to bring the students to the pick-up point at least 5 minutes before the designated pick-up time of the bus as well as to be at the drop-off point at least 5 minutes before the designated drop-off time in order to avoid any unnecessary delay. Please note that the bus driver will not wait at the pick-up point beyond the designated time. If there is no-one at the drop-off point with whom to leave the child (when, ordinarily, someone should be there) the child will stay on the bus as it continues on its journey and the bus monitor will seek to contact the parents to arrange an alternative drop-off point otherwise the child will be sent back to school.
2.2 – The buses will depart at the designated time from the school. Should a student miss the bus for any reason then it will be the responsibility of the parent to collect the student from the school.
2.3 – In case a student desires to be dropped off at another stop after school, whether on the same or different route then, he/she will be required to present a written request from the parent to the bus monitor of the bus in the morning, who in turn will hand it over to the transport coordinator at the school for approval. The transport coordinator will confirm this request with the parent and accommodate it if possible. The student will be informed of the decision during the day.
2.4 – Parents must notify the school and the company in writing of their desire to change to a different bus route at least one month in advance and pay the difference in fees, if any.
2.5 - Students should maintain discipline at all times and follow the bus rules to ensure safety;
- The student must remain seated on the designated seat throughout the journey, wearing the seat belt and not engaged with any act that causes disturbance to other passengers, in case a student meets any problem in the bus he/she should report it to the bus monitor for necessary action.
2.6 – If a student is found to have caused damage to the bus or the property of a fellow student then the parents of the offender will be required to compensate adequately for the repair or replacement of the damaged item. The bus company will provide an incident report along with an invoice for the parents, to be settled promptly. The bus company and in coordination with the school Administration reserves the right to prohibit the student from further use of the bus service, with no refund in case a similar incident is repeated by the same offender.
2.7 – In accordance with the DoT guidelines, the school Principal may exclude any student from the school transport service in any of the following cases:
3.1 – The parents will pay the fees for the transport service directly to the Transportation Company in advance for each payment period.
3.2 – The fees for the bus service are in three installments, payable in advance. The installments will be payable by 1 September (for 4 months), 1 January and 1 April (for 3 months each).
3.3 – The fees are payable in full for each payment period, irrespective of any holidays during that periods. This is because the total cost of providing the service for the year has been averaged over the 10 months.
3.4 – If the fees are not paid in advance of the start of the payment period, the Transport Company reserves the right to stop the service until fees are paid in full.
3.5 – If a child withdraws from the service during the due term he/she will not be eligible for a refund of any of the fees for that period
3.6 – Refund or waiver is not given for temporary discontinuation of services during the academic year.
3.7 – There will be no discount if any student chooses to use the service only one way.
3.8 – AED 200/- + Tax will be charged in case of any Cheque dishonor.
3.9 – AED 100/- + Tax will be charged in case of Post Dated Cheque been postponed.
3.10 – A service fee of AED 150/- + Tax will be charged for any refund made.
3.11 – Refund shall be made through account payee cheques ONLY in the name of the parent and not in cash.
3.12 – The transport charges for excursions will be in accordance with the circulars from school on a case to case basis.
I agree to the terms of the policy and accept responsibility for complying with the relevant conditions above.
Riding the school bus is a new experience for some children. The bus is a very safe way for your child to travel to and from school. In fact, school buses are the safest vehicles on the road. Below are practical tips to help you prepare your child to safely ride the school bus.
If you have a concern with the SSSBT bus driver or Bus Monitor, please contact the School Bus Coordinator. If your issue is still not resolved please contact the Back Office of SSSBT and register a complaint via email or via telephone. Do not approach the bus driver or stop the bus or interfere with the operation of the school bus in any way.
The behavior of each student on the bus directly affects the safety of others. Incidents of poor behavior on the bus are directly reported in writing by the Bus Monitor to the School Coordinator and then to School Principal. Depending on the seriousness of the incident, the principal may issue a warning to the student, speak to parents, suspend bus privileges or take other disciplinary action.
The following safeguards will assist students during the first few weeks of school:
Further SSSBT request parents to make sure the students are aware of the bus rules and also respect the Bus Driver and Monitor and adhere to all instructions issued by them at all times.
Again, SEVEN STARS SCHOOL BUSES TRANSPORTATION are pleased to provide your child school bus transportation to and from school. Above are the rules for students riding the bus that was adopted by the SSSBT. One element of the School bus safety program is the important role Parents share in reinforcing school bus safety. Please take the time to review the above safety procedures with your child, so they have a clear understanding of the conduct expected of them while traveling to and from school.
SSSBT requires every student to adhere with the Bus Behavior Code. SSSBT requires full cooperation of the parents to keep their children safe and happy, while travelling to and from school. Parents are required to discuss the safety measures with their child which will be very helpful.
Seven Stars School Buses Transportation has been serving the school transport
industry for the last three decades. Our commitment in providing dependable service
to students in a safe, reliable and professional manner has been consistent all these
years. SSSBT is dedicated in providing and maintaining a quality service in the field
of transportation and we attribute our success to our team and their commitment to
Seven Stars School Buses Transportation operates the Buses in compliance with the
guidelines of ADEC / DOT authorities. The Drivers and Bus Monitors of SSSBT have
been trained about safety measures at authorized training centers. They also attend
regular training sessions conducted in-house every quarter. Our buses are fully
equipped with latest technologies for the safety of the students.
1. Parents willing to admit their child/children for school transport services are requested to register through online only.
2. The application form to be completed with all required information.
3. Provide accurate information, in order to avoid delay in providing confirmation of services.
4. After completing and submitting the online application, an email acknowledgment along with the copy of Application
5. SSSBT Coordinator will contact the parents within three business days. Parents are requested to provide additional information if required to the SSSBT Coordinator.
6. After application is approved and procedures are completed, SSSBT Coordinator will provide all necessary information to the parents, with regard to the pickup time, pickup location, drop off time, drop off location and bus monitor details.
1. SSSBT will provide services based on route and seat availability.
2. SSSBT has the right to alter bus routes, bus timings or swap students between buses and routes as and when necessary.
3. SSSBT will use the Email ID or Mobile numbers of the parents for conveying messages, sending newsletters or circulars.
4. SSSBT vehicles, drivers and passengers are insured. Incase of any claim occurring due to an accident, the company’s liability is limited to the compensation paid by the insurance company as per the terms and conditions of the insurance policy.
5. SSSBT Coordinator and Bus Monitor will be the point of contact for day to day communications.
1. Inform the Bus Monitor or SSSBT Coordinator if the student is absent on any particular day or if the parent wish to drop or pick their child to and from school.
2. Parents are requested not to send children with contagious diseases. Medical certificate if required to be handed over to the SSSBT Coordinator for records.
3. Parents have to ensure that the students reach the pickup point five minutes before the scheduled pickup time. Buses will not wait beyond the scheduled pickup time.
4. Parents should ensure that they reach the drop off point five minutes before the
scheduled drop off time. Students of KG to Grade 5 will not be dropped without
the presence of the Parents/Guardian/Nanny. In such situation, the bus will
continue the journey and parents will be notified to arrange an alternative drop
off point or will be taken back to SSSBT Office / School. Due to traffic delays
buses may arrive at the pickup and drop off points behind schedule.
5. Buses will depart at the designated time from the school. If a student misses the
bus for any reason, it will be the responsibility of the parents to collect the
student from the school.
6. Bus Monitors will not be able to give any notification calls to Parents/Guardian/Nanny before the pickup and drop off time.
7. Parents who wish to pickup up or drop off their children on a different location
either on the same bus or on a different bus for a day or for a temporary period
will have to submit a written request to the bus monitor. SSSBT Coordinator will
review and confirm the request based on the route and seat availability.
Difference of fees needs to be paid in advance if applicable.
8. Incase of a permanent change in residence, a written request needs to be
submitted and SSSBT would require 1 week to arrange, based on the route and
9. Incase of Bus Transport discontinuation, a written request has to be submitted to
the SSSBT office atleast one month in advance. Temporary discontinuation is
not permitted during the school academic year.
10. Parents shall compensate SSSBT for any damages caused on the bus or to any
other passengers on board as a result of inappropriate behavior or actions by
11. Parents are requested to email the School Transport Coordinator for any concerns / suggestions / complaints related to our services.
SSSBT requires every student to follow the bus behavior code. SSSBT requires full
cooperation and support of the parents to discuss and educate the safety measures
with their child in order to have a safe journey, while travelling to and from school.
1. Be Kind, Polite, Respectful and maintain discipline at all times.
2. Follow the rules and regulations displayed on the bus.
3. Board and depart from the bus only at the designated pickup and drop off locations.
4. Be responsible for getting on the bus on time in the morning and afternoon, as the buses will not wait.
5. Remain seated on the designated seat assigned by the SSSBT Coordinator and wear the seatbelts throughout the bus journey.
6. Keep the aisle and walkway clear at all times.
7. Speak quietly and do not cause inconvenience to fellow students.
8. Be responsible for their belongings and other valuable items. SSSBT will not be responsible for any loss of personal property.
9. Respect the School Bus drivers and monitors, and their instructions must be followed at all times.
10. Report any issues or problems with the Bus Monitor.
1. Eat or drink in the bus.
2. Open the window at any time during the journey.
3. Throw objects of any kind inside or outside the bus.
4. Shout, Scream or use offensive or insulting language on the bus.
5. Physically abuse and bully any fellow students on the bus.
6. Involve in any kind of act that will damage SSSBT school buses.
7. Tamper any equipments and signage on the bus.
8. Allow friends or passengers who are not authorized to ride in the bus.
9. Switch or change the buses without the approval of the School Coordinator.
10. Keep the bus waiting, as it causes inconvenience and delay to the other students on the route.
I, hereby have read, understood and agree to follow the above mentioned School Transport Policy terms and conditions and accept responsibility.
Parent Name: ________________________
Parent Signature: _____________________
Name of the Students
Date of Confirmation: ________________________
Data Operator: _____________________________
School Transport Coordinator: _________________
School Transport Manager: ___________________
1. Parents will pay the fees for the transport services to SSSBT in advance for each payment term.
2. The fees for the bus services are payable in advance in 3 installments as follows:
1st Term - September to December
2nd Term - January to March
3rd Term - April to June
3. Payments will be collected in Cash, Cheque payable to Seven Stars School Buses Transportation or Bank Transfer.
4. The fees are payable in full for each payment term, irrespective of any holidays during that term. The total cost of providing the service for the year has been averaged over the 10 months.
5. If the fees are not paid in advance, SSSBT reserves the right to stop the service until fees are paid in full.
6. There will be no discount if any student opts to use the service only for one way.
7. AED 200/- + Tax will be charged in case of any cheque dishonor.
8. AED 100/- + Tax will be charged in case of Post Dated Cheque been postponed.
9. Official receipts to be collected at the time of payment, verify the information and notify SSSBT in case of any discrepancies within 2 working days.
1. If a child withdraws from the service during the due term he/she will not be eligible for a refund of any fees for that term.
2. If a child is been stopped from using the services, due to any violations in the bus, refund of that term will not be given.
3. Refund or waiver is not given for temporary discontinuation of services during the academic year.
4. A service fee of AED 150/- + Tax will be charged for any refund made.
5. Refund shall be made through account payee cheques ONLY in the name of the parent and not in cash.